Thursday, January 04, 2007

Louisville


This past summer Jesse and I had the chance to go to Louisville on a business trip for Walker Mowers. We left a few days early with our group so that we would have some time to check out Louisville and see all the sites. I honestly was not that excited when we were told that we would get to go to the Slugger factory and Churchill Downs. It sounded kind of boring to me, but it ended up being a lot of fun. When we went to Churchill Downs we got to see some of the race horses practicing, and you would not believe how fast they can run. I think that Churchill Downs was the place that I enjoyed the most just because of all of the history there. Jesse liked the Corvette factory and the Louisville Slugger factory more though. They had a wall at the slugger factory that had the signatures off all of the players that they had ever made bats for. We had a lot of fun touring the city, but for the last half of the week we worked at the race course for the Walker Mowers at the trade show. I have to say that it was more work than I had thought it would be, and at the end of the week we were tired and ready to come home. But we had a great time there and we got to know some of the people that Jesse works with and their wives.

I just thought that these pictures were kinda fun.


This was a racing simulation at Churchill Downs. I think Jesse won.
I love these old churches with the clock towers. This was one of the most beautiful that I saw.
Jesse driving through the race course that we helped set up and run.


Lousville Slugger Factory

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Those are good pics. I like the one of jesse "riding" the horse and the one of him "throwing" you or whatever. Those are cute. nice work on posting again, I agree, it's a good way to keep in touch. Now we just need Janaque to get on board;). I'll post some new pics tonight after Brek goes to bed.

Sherry said...

The other day on the phone when you said that you told Nikki to give us a hug for you. I thought you meant Nikki Walter, not Nikki Walker. I was so confused. Yes, we do see Ted and Nikki fairly often, the other Nikki we haven't seen yet. They came over last night and Nikki mentioned it...and it all clicked. duh.

Sherry said...

time for a new post...:)