Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blizzard of 2006

So, Tuesday night the weather report was that we were expecting a huge snowstorm that night and into Wednesday. We woke up Wednesday morning and... no snow. But all of the Denver and Weld county schools were closed. I thought that was a little preemptive, but by noon Wednesday the mall was closed, businesses were closing and the rest of the schools were closing along with some major roads. Our mail carrier said that this was the second time only in 22 years that the main post office in Denver and all postal serviced had been closed.


Jesse and I are loving it because he got off work early yesterday, (I didn't go to work) and we don't have work today or possibly tomorrow. I don't know what we are going to do stuck at the house this whole time. The was talk of snow forts in the 9 foot drifts on the Walker's shop, but we might have to wait for the wind to die down. I was remembering last night, as I dug through the snow to get to our door, that when I was a kid I used to dream of this kind of snow storm. Ever since I read about this happening to the Wilders in The Little House on the Prairie I just wished that it would happen at my house. Its kind of fun. Maybe I'll make a snowman, I haven't done that in a long time.


We had to get all bundled up to go next door to the Walker's house.

The Walker's Shop
This is our back door. The first one was Wednesday. The second was this morning.


1 comment:

Sherry said...

J.E.A.L.O.U.S.