Monday, December 15, 2008

Update

So at her 4 mo. appointment the doctor said that we need to start her on cereal. I know everyone has a different opinion about when that should happen, but I'm kind of on his side considering how fast she's growing. We gave her some rice cereal for the first time a little over a week ago. The first time and the next few times were pretty messy to say the least. I don't think any of the cereal actually made it to her stomach. It was everywhere!!!! But she LOVES it. She is doing so much better now; she eats pretty much all of what I put in her mouth. She still thinks it's funny to blow bubbles and spit just when I put a mouthful in which is a mess, but I kind of think it's funny too.

Also, she started rolling over last Monday. She goes from her back to her stomach, and we can't hardly keep her on her back anymore. She will roll over and then look at us with this huge smile like "did you just see that!?!" She is pretty proud of herself, as are we. We were wondering if the thunder thighs might hold her back, but nope. I have some video of it, but I haven't had time to figure out how to get it on here, so I'll try to work on that tonight and add it later.

She is starting to really like Abel now. He is a little (I mean a very little) bit more interested in her, but she lights up when he walks by and she'll reach out for him and grab his fur. He just watches her and waits until she's done abusing him with her loving hair pulling. They'll be the best of friends....someday.

Nap time is going to be in her crib from now on ) : and we are on our way to working on a transition from bassinet to crib at night too. I think we might try that next week. So sad, but she is getting way to big for the bassinet. She can't really stretch out like she likes to do in the morning anymore. I love having her sleeping next to me at night, but it has to happen sometime. I was just hoping we might have a couple more month of that left, but she's running out of room.

And now for a little news about someone other than Aydin: I am a college graduate FINALLY! I finished my last course about a month ago and grade are finally in the books. That felt like it took forever, but it is such a relief to be done.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Congrats Grad!

Just kidding, I always hated that saying, so dumb. But yeah with finally being done.

Those pictures are great of her. I'm sure she loves it. Does she sleep better with it?

I think she needs to see her Aunt Sherry...go ahead and come on up here.

Janaque said...

Hooray! I bet that feels great!
Such a cutie!
You guys coming on Sunday??? :)

paradox junction said...

To start...I also love the 2nd dress. It is my dream dress and $1700 more than the top one. Next, Aydin is four months old! I can't believe she is already doing solid foods and going to the crib already. I thought both those things were due at 6months. I don't know why I thought that. I need to call you soon! While I still have time! Well......? haha

martha ellen said...

ok, ok, I know I haven't been the best at updating... it will be better now that I am done with work YAY!! So, no baby yet, but soon, soon!!! Congratulations on graduating, although the news the Aydin was on cereal now was definately exciting to hear about!! Glad all is well:) I will be better now... i promise ( I was doing one a month, did you notice that?????) I am all for being consistantly inconsistant!

My Life's Joy said...

I just wanted you to know that I started a blog it's under bselling.blogger.com. Mom really likes coming here to see grandkids so I wanted her to be able to see Raven and Austin also