Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Tree & ER Visit

I'm still coming off my "scared mom" adrenaline high and I can't sleep so... Aydin had her 4 month check-up today; perfectly healthy, size of a 6 month old, shots, and all... 4 hrs. later she started wheezing. It started happening just when she got excited, but by nine she was doing it a lot. I called a friend from church who is a nurse and when she heard Aydin breathe she suggested a trip to the ER. I know the ER is just like a doctor's office that's open late, but the thought of having to take my baby there was so scary. Of course by the time we got there she was miraculously healed, smiling, cooing, and very excited about meeting all of the nice nurses and doctors. We got her all checked out, perfectly healthy with just a low, low, low grade fever. No idea what caused the wheezing (cough.shots.cough) I don't know.. she's not sick AT ALL what else could it be?
Anyway... we went out Sat. to cut down a Christmas tree. We got a great picture of us all bundled up and ready to go look for one...found the best tree ever...tried to take a picture...the batteries are completely dead...great. Anyway here it is, and now I know why people don't choose the cute scrawny ones; half of our ornament are too heavy. So we have a very droopy tree, but I still love it!!

3 comments:

Nicoolmama said...

Sometimes just taking them out in the cooler weather cures the wheezing..I bet that's why Aydin was feeling better once you got to the ER. Still scary though....poor thing.

Sherry said...

i've been meaning to call you and keep forgetting...or my phone dies (the battery sucks)...anyways, glad the ER wasn't needed, but scary nonetheless. The tree is cute. Great pictures once again. Give Miss A an extra hug and kiss for me!

paradox junction said...

Ha! sorry I haven't updated lately. I am 37 weeks tomorrow and no sign of dropping and no braxton-hicks!! So, we may be well into January before this little man makes his debut. I can't believe that it has been a year since you found out you were pregnant and that Aydin is getting so big! I will call you soon and post a new picture of my tubby tummy. Cheers!