Saturday, February 16, 2008

Quick Note

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday. I had to see a new doctor since Dr. Sokolowski was unavailable for any of the days that I could make it. I ended up seeing Dr. Bader and he was great! I think I actually like him better. He was just so friendly. I actually scheduled my next appointment with him too. I felt bad about switching, but yet again Dr. S wasn't going to be available. My mom came with me this time so that she could hear the heartbeat. The heartbeat sounded the same, but we could hear the baby moving too. It was neat; I asked if I should be able to feel the baby and although he said not yet, I swear I feel something moving in here. Could be gas I guess.

Well March 14th is the big 20 week appointment. I am so excited to find out what were having! There is absolutely no way that I could wait 5 more months. When I scheduled the ultrasound I got the "how to be prepared" sheet. The check out lady highlighted the part that says I have to drink TONS of water within an hour of the ultrasound, and then she highlighted a part that said to bring in a dvd-r disc if we want a video. We can actually get a recording of the whole ultrasound!!!! It's going to be so cool to be able to show it to Grandmas, and see if they can guess what we're having.

To answer the questions about the soon to be 1 dog: Jack is on his way out. I think we are going to surrender him to a Golden Retriever Rescue. They seem to be pretty careful about who they adopt dogs to. Anyway, he is really sweet, but he keeps marking stuff in the house. I think he has psychological problems from being abandoned. Abe is going to miss him soooo much though. They really are best friends. I just can't handle the pee, especially when we buy a house.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I seriously bet you can feel it. Seriously, I felt both kids around 14-15 weeks with Brek and 13 with Sy. I'd say trust your instincts-not the docs on this one:). Does it feel kinda like a rollercoaster? Even if you forget a DVD-they always have back-up blank ones to give you too. Crazy to think that's next time huh? How exciting!

Janaque said...

I''m with Sherry! Trust yourself!! I know that I started feeling Gavin around that same time... What I thought was "gas" just became more intense! (It was even earlier with Emme)
How exciting!!!