Sunday, February 24, 2008

Goodbye Jack

This past Saturday Jesse and I drove up to Golden, Co and dropped Jack off at the Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies. We had finally decided that this would be the best thing for our enlarging family, but it was probably one of the hardest things that I've done. We were both crying as we left the rescue. I watched Jack as the door closed, and he looked so confused. I know that they will take good care of him, and they do a great job of placing dogs in good homes, but it is still so sad. I'm really going to miss him. He really was such a sweet, cute dog. Abel seems to be doing okay so far. He has walked around the house a few times looking for Jack; he's also been a little mopier than usual, but we had him for a year before we got Jack so I think he'll readjust just fine. As hard as this is, and as much as I would like to go back and get him, I still think that this was the right decision.

On a happier note, only three more weeks until we find out what the baby is. I know it is a little ridiculous to be counting down like this, but I am so excited. I've had three dreams that we had a boy, but my mom says that this only means that the baby is a girl for sure. We'll see. The baby is getting bigger, and so am I. I think in the last couple weeks my "bump" has really popped out. My stomach is starting to feel a little tight, and my jeans are too. I wore a pair this morning that had just come out of the dryer, oh my gosh! I don't think I'll be able to wash my jeans anymore or I won't even be able to get them on soon. I bought one of those bellabands online a few weeks ago and I love it! I have already worn it a lot at school. Most of my teaching pants wont zip up anymore since they sit higher on my waist, so I can't wear them without the band. This picture is me at 16.5 weeks.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Those pictures of Jack are so sad! I just want to go pick him up myself!...but I totally understand at the same time. Yeah for a cute little bump, it has kinda popped in the last few weeks for sure...but of course, knowing your tall, thin self, you're only carrying in the tummy. It was fun to see you today, we haven't been so great with doing things together lately. We need to work on that.:)

Anna said...

Aw.
I kind of want to cry. Poor Jack. =[

Hooray for bump-age! You're an adorable little pregnant lady. (:

Chelle Belle said...

I haven't seen you in ages. You're all cute and poochy! Sorry about Jack. Let me know if Abe needs some company... I have pups, big and small :-)