Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Sunday

What a wonderful Easter Sunday!  We had so much to celebrate:  the resurrection of our Lord, my sister's engagement, and her and her fiancé's baptism.  We celebrated accordingly.  After Easter morning services we headed over to my parent's house for lunch.  Michelle had a couple of friends over, and Ryan's (her fiance) mom came over as well to meet our family.  We had such a good time.  
Grandma Hamilton put together Aydin's 1st Easter basket.  Mom and dad stole a lot of the goodies (chocolate) but she had a fun time pulling everything out.
She is moving around like crazy now!  She pulls herself up on EVERYTHING, she can sit herself up, and she crawls so fast.  She still just drags herself along like a wounded soldier though.  

This is her smoochy face.  She was doing this non-stop the whole way through JoAnn$ Fabrics the other day.  So funny!

We helped out with Easter Marketplace at our church again this year.  My sister helped at our booth too so we could do some stuff with Aydin.  



Her first Easter egg hunt was a little sketchy.  She was in the 0-3 year old section and was by far the youngest.  One kid came over and sneaked an egg out from under her, and there was a clown who she was terrified of, but she got a few stuffed toys and stickers out of the deal.

And of course Grandma Williams got an Elvis impersonating Easter bunny who dances for her.  It's ears move like crazy, it is super loud, and she LOVES it.  When it's not "singing" and "dancing"  she moves its ears herself.

P.S. I think I'm going to start a shop on ETSY and try to sell some owls.  I figure I might as well make a couple and see if they sell.  If not, Aydin will just have an owl family to play with (  : We'll see!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

It looks like Aydin thoroughly enjoyed her first Easter. She's doing so much! I think your owls will sell really well - they're darling!

Nicoolmama said...

I will totally buy an owl! Those things are the cutest ever! How long does it take you to sew one?

Kara said...

The one that I made for Aydin took about 4 hours, but I had to design the pattern too, so I'm not sure. I'll try and post a link to my ETSY shop on my blog.

Sherry said...

Cute, cute pictures. can't wait to see her and hug her myself.

Owls: a definite sell.

martha ellen said...

we ( asher and i ) want an owl.. . but, we want a blue one... or green.... or brown :o) he is man of enough for pink, but i don't think his papa would appreciate it!! i will post pics asap, i was thinking that i have been neglectful lately...