Thursday, April 30, 2009

9 Months

9 months old now!  Wow... that's all I can say.  She is amazing.  She has really taken off this past month.  She is crawling all over the place now, and she'll even do it the "right way" if she's motivated.  She pulls herself up onto EVERYTHING, and she is starting to walk a little with assistance.  I think she looks like a drunken zombie when she walks (that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw her spaghetti jointed , wobbly walk.  I don't even know if zombies can get drunk.)  I think the biggest step we took last month was baby-proofing our living room.  She hasn't quite figured out how to scale our one massive step yet so our living room is our safe place for her for now.  I don't think it'll be to long before we have to get out the baby gate though, because she has figured out how to get up Grandma and Grandpa Hamilton's steps.  And I think her new favorite thing might be swimming.  She has so much fun at the pool.  We have taken her a couple of times.  She splashes and tries to stick her face in to drink the water.  We got her a little "raft" thing and she just sits in there and kicks and laughs.  I enrolled her in swimming lessons for this summer. I think she'll have so much fun with all of the other babies! 

 As hard as it can be sometimes to keep track of her now, we are enjoying every minute!  I get a little sad when I think of how fast this has flown by, but the older she gets the more fun we have together and I love it!

Oh, and I have to say something about the picture above.  Aydin LOVES Abe.  Loves him!  Abe TOLERATES Aydin.  Tolerate is the best word for it.  He does not love her, might not even like her, but he lets her do anything.  She crawls all over him now, licks his fur (when mom's not looking), tries to touch his eyes and nose.  He just lays there and pleads with us with his eyes.  Sorry Abe!  Someday they really will be best friends.

3 comments:

Stacia said...

You must have the best dog ever. :) Lucky Aydin.

Nicoolmama said...

Will and our bulldog became best buddies when Will started eating real food all the time!!
Your girl is so cute!

Janaque said...

You're a pretty great mama yourself! Missed you guys tonight... But we'll see you tomorrow!! :)