Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1/2 Year

She's 6 months old now! 6 months is so much fun. Her personality has come out in full force now. She has been full of it since the day she was born, but it is so fun to watch it progress. She keeps us entertained for sure. She is sitting up, rolling back and forth, and talking! Last week she just started to get so vocal and laughing more. She also has figured out that if she rolls around enough she will eventually get to where she wants to be. She can't crawl yet so she just reaches and rolls back and forth until she's there. Hilarious!
I made this car seat cover a couple of weeks ago. I love it! I'm going to make another one for summer.
Right now I am getting the house all cleaned up and reorganized. Jesse has to have knee surgery on Friday, and I want it to be easy for him to get around. He tore his patella tendon from his knee cap playing basketball a week ago. He didn't think he'd really hurt it, just tweaked it, but after a doctor's office visit and an MRI it was confirmed. This is the first surgery he has ever been in, and it seems like it is fairly invasive, so we are a little nervous. The recovery requires two weeks home from work, 6-8 weeks in a brace that holds his leg straight, and who knows how long for rehab afterwards. This is going to be a little rough I think. On the funny side it's his right knee (and his leg has to stay straight) I am now the taxi driver...and he is so tall that we had to unbolt the front passenger seat just so he has enough room. We'll see how these next few weeks go.

3 comments:

paradox junction said...

Her eyes are gorgeous! They have your coloring. I can't believe she is 6 months old! Greyson will be four weeks tomorrow. I need to call you for a live update. Miss you a lot. Tell the family hello for me.

Stacia said...

You need to put some pictures of Jesse's cast on here...:)Hope everything is going well for you guys.

Nicoolmama said...

What a little sweetie she is!! That car seat cover is so cute...you should think about selling them. I would buy one. I hope Jesse heals quickly.