Monday, September 08, 2008

Weekend Away

Over the weekend we were able to go up to Divide to spend some time with my Grandparents and Jesse's brother and his family. We got up there Thursday night and didn't have to leave until Sunday afternoon, so it was a nice longish getaway. Before I write anything else, the reason we went there: Levi and Jesse were bow-hunting for elk. Hunting for deer at Golden Bell Camp would be like murder. The deer there will eat out of your hands. Hunting for elk.... we'll just say, "better luck next year, or better buy deer tags!" Anyway, we had a good time and it was so nice to get out of the house. This was our first trip out of town since the kiddo was born and with her, Jesse's mom, and the dog riding along it seriously looked like we had packed for a two week long getaway.

The cousins with their matching outfits that we found at a thrift store, what are the chances.

6 weeks old now. Things she can do: She will just stare at you for forever, she is so attentive and she just looks right into your eyes, she smiles like crazy, and she has started cooing back at us and some of them sound like they are just on the verge of becoming giggles (I can't wait!!!)

This turtle is the first thing I've knitted for her!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

adorable.adorable.adorable.

I can't believe how much she's changed in a matter of weeks. I think you're right...you need to go ahead and plan your trip up here. I need to see that girl. Just don't expect to hold your own child while you're here thanks.

Coe said...

I love the matching outfits with Ethan. They are so cute!

Janaque said...

Oh my word! I miss her! I was wondering where you guys were on Sunday! We missed you! Give her kisses from me!

Sherry said...

so I know she's changed in the two weeks its been since you've posted:)...you need a little update so I can get my fix. I've been meaning to call you-I just remember when it's late, but I really will, promise.