Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can I Please Have My Brain Back!?!

This is a real symptom of pregnancy right, this total loss of brain power? I have been so forgetful and disconnected for most of this pregnancy, but it has been getting worse and worse lately. For instance, Jesse's birthday is July 8th. I completely forgot!! I was talking about it last week even; on the 4th Jesse said, "4 days until my birthday." I got out of bed that morning when he was getting ready for work, and called him at lunch and never said a thing about it. I saw the date all day long. This really is the kicker, I saw the pile of mail on the table when I got home from work and went through it. I tossed a birthday card from MY grandparents (who remembered his birthday) to him and watched him open it, and it still hadn't dawned on me. I just sat on the couch with him watching t.v. thinking, "my grandma is really with it to send his card early." Yeah. It wasn't until I asked him what was wrong (he wasn't himself at the moment, wonder why) and he said, "I don't know maybe just that me wife forgot that today is my birthday." Apparently the guys at work had brought a cake in for him. Oh, yeah, and one of the guys, who is currently on a Caribbean cruise, managed to take a little time out of his vacation to call that night and tell Jesse happy birthday. Lets just say I felt like throwing up all night. I can't believe I forgot!! It is the baby, right??

1 comment:

Janaque said...

It is... It is totally the baby! I remember all the things that I completely spaced when I was pregnant! I felt a little crazy. No worries... that boy loves you so much. I know he understands.
Missed you guys today. How's baby girl? Any news?
ps... are you guys coming this weekend to this thing? Please? Rob will kill me if he's the only guy there. :)