Monday, June 30, 2008

Giving Birth 101

Birthing class was last Saturday. We opted to take a one day, fast track Saturday class. I was a little apprehensive about going to a class to learn to breathe and pretend to be in labor in front of a bunch of strangers. I'm glad we went though. I can't say that I learned a whole lot. I've been reading the books, so a lot of it was a review, but there were definitely some things that I didn't know about. It was interesting to get to see and touch some of the stuff that they use though (eg. the epidural needle, aaaahhhh!) I also learned a few of the complications of pregnancy for which they will induce such as baby being too small or too big, and mom having too little or too much amniotic fluid, some of which are possibilities for me. So of course, me being the worrier that I am, this wasn't very reassuring and I am now convinced that tomorrow they are going to tell me that she is too big and I will have to be induced early (which would kill my hopes of trying for a natural delivery.) We go tomorrow for another ultrasound so I will post an update about that later. Anyway, I just keep telling myself that she will be here soon one way or another and it really doesn't matter which way. Wow, that was a big bunny trail. Anyway, the class was fine, the rooms are great!!! and I think I'm ready for this.

Her room is done now. I quit on the rug, it was going to take forever so I dropped it for now. Her wardrobe is getting bigger ( : A friend from church gave me a bunch of her daughter's too small clothes to borrow, and I hit a garage sale where I got a great deal on a ton of stuff. It's nice to be able to start making outfits. Before I had a lot of clothes, but not much that would really go together. The only thing that I still need to work on is pants for 0-3 mo. I can't find anything. Of course I mostly shop at thrift stores which can make it hard to find what you're looking for. They are great if you have nothing in mind, and terrible if you are looking for something specific. We're getting there.

Not much else going on right now. Our life pretty much revolves on getting the house ready for her arrival.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

you changed your original title:)

I'm sure you're beyond ready for tomorrow's appointment. I'm thinking of you even more than normal tomorrow and the next few weeks.