Monday, December 17, 2007

Update

I just thought I would give a little update. I've been tagged to do a 12 random Christmas things whatever-they're-called but I don't think I'm up to it right now so I'll do it later. I just finished up my last semester of student teaching last Friday, and while I am really going to miss my 6th grade class I'm glad I'm done now. Partially because I think the morning sickness just hit, not bad just constant.

I had so much fun this semester getting to teach the 6th graders. They are a really interesting bunch. I don't think there was a single day that I didn't look forward to. I'm going back this Wednesday to go on a field trip with them, and I was promised that I would be let in on any fun things going on next semester too. Looking back on both of my student teaching experiences I really did learn a lot about what I am going to be like as a teacher, and how I want my class to be.


For now I am working on finishing up a few classes, trying to get into a long term substitute position for next semester, and growing a baby! Hopefully this next semester and summer are going to be somewhat relaxing (after those classes are done) and very enjoyable. I've got a lot that I'm looking forward to, and while I say that I can't wait for baby to come, I hope this time doesn't fly by to fast so that I can enjoy the whole process.

P.S. I have found myself getting teary eyed at the most random things. For example, that stupid Hallmark commercial where the carolers give out cards that play songs instead of actually singing. I'm assuming it has to do with the hormones, but Jesse thinks it's so funny, and when he laughs I sometimes cry a little bit more.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

expect the tears to flow:)...and increase. Sorry you're feeling crummy, but that's good sign. Any word on the sub position?

Sherry said...

car back?!?!