Friday, August 20, 2010

Down to the Wire

39 weeks. Yes, yes, yes I know it is healthier for baby to stay put for as long as possible, but I was hoping that he would be here already. This pregnancy flew by, but now that we are this close it seems to be just creeping along at a snail's pace. I will admit that as far as mothering goes, or life for that matter, the area that I could use the most improvement in is patience. I am definitely feeling it right now, that lack of patience that sometimes gets the best of me. I keep having dreams of holding him, and introducing him to Aydin. I am so excited for that! I can't wait to see the look on her face when it becomes clear to her that "brother" is not just another name for my huge belly. I have been telling everyone every night (for the past week and 1/2) that "tonight is the night." I am coming to terms with the fact that all the wishful thinking in the world won't make it happen, but at this point it really can't be much longer. Oh the wait.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Can't wait to see his sweet face. Love you.

Stacia said...

You're right, it can't be that much longer! I'm so excited to meet him:)

Nicoolmama said...

Oh the waiting is right....I felt that way with Theo....

Can't wait to see pictures of your boy...and Aydin meeting her new little brother!