Monday, October 12, 2009

First Snow

The first snow of the season came October 10th! So early, but I LOVE it. This weather puts me in the mood to light a fire, make some hot cocoa, and get out the electric heat blanket. It also reminds me that I have precious little time to come up with a Halloween costume for Aydin. Jesse told me that since I picked last years costume for her, he gets to pick this years. He wants her to be a zombie... with a big gash on her head. No way! I settled for a mummy, no blood and gore that way. Now I have to figure out how to make mummy look cute. Hmmmm.

Anyway, first thing after breakfast Saturday morning, we got all bundled up to go play in the snow with Aydin for the first time. She was so excited about her snowsuit and snow boots. Not so excited about the snow. She took a few steps in it, bent down to brush it off of her boots, and then decided it was not for her. We threw a few snowballs, and helped her (forced her) to make a snow angel, and then we headed back inside. Not what I was expecting, but we have some time to get used to the stuff. Hopefully she will start liking it more as the season progresses.

Don't know if you can tell, but the snow angel is right below our feet in the bottom picture.

1 comment:

Stacia said...

I think it's so sweet that Jesse wants to pick her costume!