Thursday, September 03, 2009

What a Trip

We just got back from our trip to see the Duerres in WA. We got home late last night. We had the best time. For starters, Aydin did great on the plane. Each trip I have to get up with her towards the end and walk the aisle a couple of times, and she did cry for a few minutes before she fell asleep, but other than that it was a breeze.

Sherry picked us up from the airport the morning we flew in and we of course went straight to the best thrift store I've ever been to, where I promptly spent nearly half my budget. Then we drove around Seattle and Queen Anne. Some of the houses there are amazing! This view of the city is the only view where the space needle is the tallest thing. It was also a very clear day so the view of Mt. Rainier was great (you can kind of see it behind Aydin.)
We all went to the farmers market at the harbor in Olympia. I think if we had one like that here it would be so fun to have a booth.
This is part of our hike at Tumwater Falls. So beautiful!
Aydin's had her first trip to the beach. It was so cold, but she is a water lover so she didn't want to get out.
And her first amusement park rides. She loved it, especially being on them with Brek and Sy.
Absolutely done after a few rides!
She started to think she was a big kid too.
The farmers market in Seattle was amazing. We also walked past the first Starbucks.
Needless to say we had such a great time. It was a long time to be gone from Jesse, but also don't think I would have wanted it to be any shorter. It flew by as it was. There is so much to do in WA, and with such great friends the trip couldn't have been better (unless Jesse could have come too)! I think we will have to plan another one out soon so that Jesse can see everything too.

2 comments:

The Longs said...

I am so sorry that we missed you. I am sorry that I didn't call either. Things have been a little crazy. I am glad that you had a good time though.

Coe said...

When I wnet to Seattle many years ago I loved Pikes Market. I watch for quite awhile at the men throwing the fish. I also remember the beautiful flowers.