Monday, January 14, 2008

Nursery

I know, I know, we have a while to go and it is a little early to be setting up the nursery.

I worked at the Fort Collins Country Club running a kids summer camp the last two summers. I baby sit every so often for one of the families from the camp, and a year ago the mom mentioned that whenever I had a kid they would probably have some stuff that I could use. Anyway, after we found out that we are expecting I gave her a call to see if they had anything sitting around that we might make an offer on. Yada, yada, yada, we went on Saturday to see the stuff and pack up anything we wanted. In exchange, she asked me to baby sit for a weekend in April.

I don't think these people know how much they blessed us. We got there and she had everything out that she wanted to give me. This included a solid wood crib and dresser, a changing table, a Pottery Barn bassinet, a Pottery Barn crib set (for a girl), a Madella electric breast pump, a Baby Bjorn baby carrier, a high chair, some toys, a couple diaper bags, a baby bath, and a stroller and car seat. Unbelievable.

So, we were so excited to check everything out that we decided to set up the nursery as soon as we got home. I know it's really early, but I think it will be nice to have it all done so that when I get BIG and it gets really hot outside I'll be thanking Jesse and myself. Anyway, I am posting some pictures of our new nursery. It will look much better once we decorate and get a rug in there to cover some of the ugly blue carpet, but I'm not ready to decorate yet. My goal is to have my classes finished before I take on that project.


5 comments:

Sherry said...

Those are great pictures, she really hooked you up! I didn't see the bedding while we were there, but it is SO cute!

Janaque said...

I love it!!! So cute! I can't wait to see how you decorate the baby's room!

lucas d said...

that basinette is to die for!!! jesse must be so excited.

lucas d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lucas d said...

i accidentally posted the comment twice so i deleted the second one, but now it looks like i said something bad but i promise i didn't. i promise!